List of CMS benefits
- Allows a large number of users to share and contribute to stored data.
- Allows users to immediately add, amend or delete adverts, items for sale, special offers etc,
- Allows the website owner to have more control over their site.
- Simplifies report writing like number of bookings or sales etc.
- The system stores data in compliance to website design rules so eliminates page errors.
- Content could be documents, movies, texts, pictures, phone numbers, articles etc.
- As well as content, pages can be added and menu bars auto updated.
List of CMS disadvantages
- Using a database to feed a web page can slow down it's load time which is an SEO aspect.
- Code used to retrieve data can cause code bloat making it more difficult for search engines to index.
- Some CMSs are built witout SEO in mind!
- Flash based CMSs are hard to index and best not used!
- It's not always advisable to allow users to change content which has been SEO'd.
- If the database fails the site can go down as well.
- All databases need to be backed up and maintained so ongoing costs are likely.
- If for any reason the database fails without backups all content is lost.
- Admin Areas are prone to attack especially if users decide to use low strength passwords.
- Content can be documents, movies, texts, pictures, phone numbers, articles etc.
What types of CMS do we use?
- We design Bespoke CMSs to integrate specifically with your website but this is the most costly option.
- We use 2 of the best open source CMSs Joomla and Wordpress.
- We also use a mixure of pure HTML pages and templated CMS for SEO reasons.